Thursday, June 19, 2008



A new era means new technology. I am proud to say that I have enjoyed the use of a PDA on my unit. The first time I used it, I said "Wow is advance technology great". On my units I saw PDA's help the nurses. You had the latest information at your finger tips. No leaving your bedside to look anything up. Why, because the latest information on drugs were just a few moments away. The use of PDA’s for drug reference information, patient information, and documentation,was the way to go. Plus, you could beam it to another person who had it. How great is that. It is actually quite comfortable to use. As for battery use, I never had a problem. Just remember to shut them off when not in use. These days there are so many different brands and prices that it can be affordable. To buy the the Drug PDA reference can be expensive, but you can beam a friend.

Here are some sites that you can go to: http://www.brazos-nurse.org/PDA_s___Nursing.html
http://www.medindia.net/pda/pda_nurses.htm

No comments: